Ever wondered what kind of questions you could ask during a job interview?
With the staff shortages plaguing many businesses in 2022 and continuing to be ongoing well into this year, many job seekers are finding it easier to secure a job interview.
However, the job interview is not like it used to be anymore.
Matthew Coppola, Consultant and Interview Coach at ClientCentric, says that used to be all about the interviewer interviewing the interviewee, until now.
Now, the tables have turned. In today's current job market, the interviewee is invariably interviewing the interviewer to make sure that the job is the right fit for them and that they're going to be happy and contempt with what is on offer.
Despite everything going well and to the benefit of the candidate, it's still important to put your best foot forward for the role and make a fantastic first-impression. Like always, it makes sense to prepare well for the interview.
Here are my top 10 questions that may like to ask during your next job interview:
- What is the company culture like?
- What are the main challenges that I'll likely face in this role?
- Will there be any training provided on the job?
- What kind of systems/equipment do you use?
- What will be the primary duties of my role that will make up most of my day?
- How soon are you looking to make a hiring decision?
- What are your company's future plans?
- Where is this position based?
- Will there be flexibility to work from home?
- What does success look like in this role?
Remember that you can still fail an interview and someone else be chosen over you. This is why it's one of the reasons many people seek out professional interview coaching in Australia. Unfortunately, interviewers don't provide genuine and honest feedback post the job interview.